Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tycoon Gold Secret
        Donate for         WoWGuides
Vote to build up our community!
Poll

Do you like the forum?

PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_lcap100%PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_rcap 100% [ 4 ]
PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_lcap0%PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_lcap0%PvE Shadow priest guide I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Top posting users this month
No user

PvE Shadow priest guide

:: Guides :: Class :: Priest

Go down

PvE Shadow priest guide Empty PvE Shadow priest guide

Post by Design Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 am

Stat Summaries

Intellect Increases damage dealt by spells and slightly increases critical strike chance.

Spell Hit (15%) Any Hit Rating, Expertise, or Spirit will increase your chance to hit with spells and at a combined total of 15% Spell Hit (5100 Rating) your spells can no longer miss on bosses. To check your hit percentage, open your character panel and then check under the Spell tab for “Hit Chance.” If you are below 15%, reforge your weakest stat into Spirit or Hit until you reach the Hit cap.

Haste Decreases cast times and increases DoT ticking speeds. Assuming normal raid buffs, at 8085 Haste Rating from your gear you earn 2 extra ticks of Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague. This is the most important Haste value to reach as it has a large impact on your DPS, but Haste beyond this point continues to remain quite valuable.

Crit Increases the chance for your attacks to critically hit for 200% damage.

Mastery: Shadowy Recall gives your DoTs a chance to deal damage twice with each tick.

Talent spec:
In your building i recommend you to follow this one http://www.wowhead.com/talent#pyHl|

Glyphs:

Glyph of Mind Spike Required. Great synergy with From Darkness Comes Light.
Glyph of Dark Binding Recommended. Great boost to utility and survivability.
Glyph of Fade Optional. Small boost to survivability.
Glyph of Inner Sanctum Optional. Provides an all around utility boost.
Glyph of Levitate Optional. Good for high movement fights.
Glyph of Mind Flay Optional. Small boost to mobility.

Buffs: Maintain these buffs at all times.

Inner Fire
Shadowform

DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.

Devouring Plague with 3 Shadow Orbs.
Mind Blast on cooldown. Generates Shadow Orbs.
Shadow Word: Death when target is below 20% health. Generates Shadow Orbs.
Halo on cooldown.
Mind Spike with Surge of Darkness.
Vampiric Touch Maintain at all times. Procs Surge of Darkness.
Shadow Word: Pain Maintain at all times. Procs Divine Insight.
Mind Flay as a filler spell.

Shadow Priest DPS involves the proper management of Shadow Orbs as well as procs from Surge of Darkness and Divine Insight. The top priority is to cast Devouring Plague with 3 Shadow Orbs. Use Mind Blast on every cooldown to maximize the generation of Shadow Orbs. When your target is below 20% health, incorporate Shadow Word: Death into your rotation. Use Halo on cooldown and Mind Spike whenever you get a Surge of Darkness proc. Finally, maintain the DoTs from Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch while using Mind Flay as a filler spell.

The trickiest part of the Shadow Priest rotation is keeping up with Mind Blast. Keep an eye on Mind Blast as it can be instantly cast with the buff provided by Glyph of Mind Spike or with procs from Divine Insight. Always make sure to monitor Mind Blast cooldown.

AoE Rotation

Mind Sear

With < 6 targets, apply Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to all targets and continue with the single target rotation but use Mind Sear as a filler instead of Mind Flay. With 6+ targets, simply channel Mind Sear on one of the targets (or the tank if they're in range of the mobs).

Cooldowns

These effective cooldowns are available if you chose them in your talent build.

Halo Use as directed in the single target DPS section.

These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.

Dispersion Use as needed to avoid damage or return Mana.
Hymn of Hope Use as needed to return Mana for your raid.
Shadowfiend Use as often as possible. Try to stack with Bloodlust.
Vampiric Embrace Use at the discretion of your party/raid leader for group healing.

Hope it gonna help you through abit as a Shadow priest, if you have any question just post a reply underneath and we'll come back to you soon as possible with an answer!

Best Regards,
Design Forum Owner.
Design
Design
Forum Øwner
Forum Øwner

Replies : 71
Achivement points : 1501
Register date : 2013-02-28

http://www.designwowguides.com

Back to top Go down